Last week, Irina, the woman who does my waxing mentioned that some salons ask plus size girls to pay more for a Brazilian Wax, because of their size. That really broke my heart, because reputable salons will not charge you a “fat fee”. According to Irina, the rates should be based on the service they provide not the size of the customer.
Below is a video and 8 tips for big girls who are looking to “go the Brazil” this summer… lets go!!
- A Brazilian Wax is when you wax everything from the front to the back (Yes, the back!)
- A big girl should not be charged more for a Brazilian wax. My Aestetician says that rates are based on the type of work (i.e. legs, bikini line, full brazilian) not the size of the person
- Having good chemistry with the person doing your wax makes the awkward/intimate process of waxing so much easier. Don’t be afraid to walk away or ask for someone else. Its your body and your money
- I always skip nail salons and go to dedicated waxing salons or spas for my wax. This makes it easier to find someone who makes me more comfortable, if needed
- You will have to take your clothes off from the waist down, so I often wear a dress so that I can just take off my chonies (aka underwear) and pull the dress up easily
- I also offer to help, when needed. Sometimes, I have to move my chub out of the way and/or hold my tummy taunt. Saying “let me know if you need me to help” in the beginning tells my aesthetician that she wont offend me by asking
- Getting a wax can often feel like yoga. Irinia, my wax lady has me in a lot of crazy positions so that she can get to all my “nooks and crannies”, for me this is why good chemistry makes things easier
- Always remember, having a brazilian wax can make a girl feel very… *wiggles eyebrows* I always try to make sure I get my waxing done at times when it wont affect my decision making on dates. That’s all I’ll say about that!