Filed Under: Fitness
As I continue to work towards dropping the pounds, I’m realizing that the scale isn’t the only way to tell if I’ve lost weight. We all know that sometimes the scale wont budge even when we’re doing everything right, so here are a few things I’d suggest doing to keep encouraged.
- Put a Ring on It! I have a ring that I’ve worn every day since I was 16. Lately the ring has started to turn on my finger. Its loose! Which means my fingers are getting smaller.
- Buy a Belt I bought a belt when I began my weight loss attempts this year. Every time I put it on, I count how many loops in I’m wearing it. In January it was 9 loops in… now its 12! Even when the scale doesn’t budge, I know my tummy’s shrinking. You can also buy a pair of jeans (like Marisota womens jeans) in a size or two down and try them on each month to see how they fit. I have a pair of jeans that I finally got up over my hips and that felt soooo good!
- Ask “The Twins” I went bra shopping last week and I couldn’t buy anything! the “DDD” was a little too big but the “DD” was still too small. Although I hate to say good-bye to my boobies, they’re usually the first things to go when I’m dropping weight.
- Listen to Your Friends When people start randomly telling you how good you look… its probably code for “you’re losing weight”.
- Look in the Mirror If you think your face is slimmer, it probably is! Trust your observations and the scale will catch up!
How do YOU measure weight loss without the scale?